FourBlock Career Readiness Coaches are front-line and direct-service volunteers who provide bi-weekly assistance and mentorship for up to three FourBlock students during a program semester. Career Readiness Coaches offer regular 1:1 feedback to students on their program deliverables. They also work directly with our Career Readiness Program Instructors and Regional Directors to communicate students’ progress and areas of additional need.
FourBlock Career Readiness Coaches ensure our transitioning service members and veterans get the information and support they need to make educated and informed decisions while making meaningful progress towards a successful post-military career transition.
We are looking for more professionals to join our community. Please consider giving back to your community as a volunteer FourBlock Career Readiness Coach.
Desired Experience and Attributes:
- Passion for assisting transitioning service members and veterans with understanding the civilian workplace and beginning a meaningful post-military career.
- FourBlock Alumni must have one year of full-time civilian career experience to be considered
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Time investment is a 30-60-minute check in with each student (phone or in-person) every two weeks over the program semester to ensure that the student is fully supported throughout their transition (depending on location a semester lasts between 8 – 12 weeks).
- Time spent with students includes providing direct feedback and bi-weekly correspondence with FourBlock staff on student performance and progress. Time spent up-front reviewing the curriculum and course deliverables is required.
- Coaches are provided instructional guidance and curriculum updates from FourBlock so they can remain up-to-date on what the students are learning.
- Coaches are expected to access Compass, FourBlock’s mobile application, and create a profile.
- Coaches are expected to review and understand career coaching best practices and training materials (made available by FourBlock upon acceptance).
Become a Coach
Opportunities are currently available in program location across the country for the Fall 2020 semester.
To see a list of our upcoming program locations, click here.
If interested in becoming a Career Readiness Coach, please contact the Regional Director nearest you:
- Northeast: Eric Stetson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texas & Colorado: Queta Rodriguez – email@example.com
- Southeast: Roger Roley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Coast: Karl Himes – email@example.com
This program is made possible in part by a grant from the Bob Woodruff Foundation, which is dedicated to ensuring that impacted post-9/11 veterans, service members, their families, and their caregivers thrive long after they return home.